SMPA students present experiments and projects for the Science Showcase
Saint Martin de Porres Academy students take ownership of their education at the Science Showcase.
Students demonstrate their science knowledge by choosing to take a comprehensive exam or by creating 3D project or experiments about subjects that sparked their interest during the school year.
The experiments and projects are presented to their peers, teachers and parents during the Science Showcase.
At the Science Showcase, students explain:
- Why they were intrigued by the topic they chose
- The methodology they used
- The analysis of the results
- Interesting facts about their topic.
- Best Project: given to the student with the best project from each grade
- Best Overall: based on student and teacher votes
Fifth grader, Christian, chose a topic he had struggled with in science class and wanted to learn more about. He demonstrated the different phases of the moon using a flashlight and a 3D model.
Other student projects included:
- A model of the human eye
- Analyzing a specific ecosystem
- Creating a chemical reaction with sand, sugar and baking soda
This is just one more example of how Saint Martin de Porres Academy is nurturing curiosity and excitement for the STEM fields of study, (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
Learn more about our Science Curriculum
Leave a Reply