SMPA is accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year for students entering the 5th or 6th grade
In order to be considered for admission, a child must:
- Come from a family of low income, limited resources and be at risk of not achieving their potential
- Have the ability to learn without special services
- Be free of serious emotional and behavioral problems that disrupt life in the classroom
- Have one committed adult who will support the child in their educational endeavors at St. Martin de Porres Academy and beyond
- Possess the desire to be their best self
- Complete the application and mail it to the school with your $50.00 nonrefundable application fee (cash, money order or credit card – no personal checks will be accepted), Copy of your 2021 taxes, and small photo of your child.
- Once the application has been received, we will contact you to schedule a shadow day if COVID19 restrictions allow.
- The shadow day consists of an interview with the parent(s)/guardian(s), writing sample, and student interview.
- A computer-based placement exam will be held on a Saturday Morning from 9:00am – 12:00pm. Families will be notified about the date of the placement exam once a shadow day has been scheduled.